Join Independent Retailer Month
- Pledge to celebrate Independent Retailer Month; your store will be included in our map encouraging consumers to shop with you! Plus benefit additional outreach to consumers, social media marketing and potential blog features.
- Visit the Resources page to access our logo, in-store signage, social media suggestions and more to help you promote your store.
- Download the Independent Retailer Month logo and add to your in-store graphics, social media or website
- Print the Independent Retailer Month poster, Get Involved and Thank You postcard to place in your window/register or hand to consumers
- “Follow” our twitter @IndieRetailUSA for updates and inspiration. We can retweet what you will be doing to celebrate Independent Retailer Month. Give us a mention to help spread the word!
- Include hashtags #indieretail or #shoplocal to join the conversation
- “Like” our facebook page @independentretailermonthusa for updates, inspiration and to share your activities on our wall
- Send an email blast to your consumers announcing your celebration of Independent Retailer Month with details of events and promotions you will be offering
- Get the local media involved – whether to share a good story of your celebration of Independent Retailer Month or to create an Independent Retailer Month advertisement/section to highlight the independent retailer activities in your neighborhood
- Bonus buck: Give customers a $1.00 coupon for every $10 they spend in your store in July. The coupon is redeemable in August
- Happy hour: Offer red, white and blue cookies/cupcakes with refreshments to promote the ‘independent’ touch. You could also contact an independent restaurant to partner and provide some light bites.
- Badges: Create campaign buttons for your staff to wear with the message: “Proud to be independent”
- Meet and greet: Invite your customers to meet brand owners/representatives at your store
- Beauty treats: Team up with an independent salon/spa in your community and offer customers in-store pampering
- Goodie bags: Give with certain purchases or to new customers
- Community talent: Support local designers, artists and/or DJ’s by hosting a joint in-store activity
- Run a contest: Offer the chance for one lucky winner and friends to have a private shopping party
- Shopping crawl: Team up with neighboring independent retailers to host a shopping crawl providing a map and prizes for participants
- Drop and shop: Invite customers to donate lightly worn clothing/shoes in-store for a local cause such as Dress for Success and receive an exclusive deal in store that day
- Charity giving: Offer to make a donation of 10% of the purchase price for each customer to a local community charity
- Online coupons: Offer exclusive promotions on your website that are redeemable in store only
- Check-in deals: Offer every shopper that “checks in” to your store on social media an exclusive promotion in store
- Pledge: Sign up online to show your support to celebrate and shop independent retail throughout July and beyond
- Download Resources: Add the logo to newsletter, social media or website
- Twitter: “Follow” our twitter @IndieRetailUSA for updates and inspiration. We can retweet what you will be doing to celebrate Independent Retailer Month. Give us a mention to help spread the word!
- Facebook: “Like” our facebook page @independentretailermonthusa for updates, inspiration and to share your activities on our wall
- Join the conversation: Include hashtags #indieretail or #shoplocal in your social media
- Product promotion: Use social media as a fun tool to ‘highlight’ select products on select days during July exclusive to Independent Retailer Month